The Anambra State Association (ASA), women in USA, INC. (ASA women USA), in collaboration with Anambra State Government presents to the public hope to end cancer now & free cancer and maternal health medical mission to Anambra State, Nigeria.
Anambra State Association (ASA), women in USA, INC. (ASA women USA), founded in 2011 as a non- profit organization located in the United States of America, dedicated to raising awareness and implementing programs to address health and educational issues affecting women, children, youths and physically challenged people in Anambra state. ASA women USA is committed to transformation of Anambra state into a state that provides quality health care, a free and safe environment and improve living standards for under privileged, rural community women, widows, children and youths through innovative and empowerment programs, which focus on maternal health, breast, cervical and prostate cancer awareness among women and men in Anambra state.
In 2016 the Anambra State Association (ASA), women in USA, INC.from July 27, through to August 8th 2016 will be organizing an event for rural community women, widows, children with the theme : “together we hold the key to building a world class comprehensive cancer treatment research center & every life deserves world class care” and is scheduled to take place at Anambra Broadcasting Services (ABS), along Enugu-Onitsha Express way down to government house, Awka and time is from 8:00am-1:00pm. Special Guest of Honor is His Excellency the Governor of Anambra State Chief Dr. Willie Obiano.
The program event is as follow;
Saturday 30th July 2016
Kickoff the medical mission with the following
- 5k walk to end cancer now event at Anambra broadcasting services (ABS) along Enugu-Onitsha express way to Anambra state government house, Awka.
- Launching of 2016 diaspora and Global medical mission booklet
- Donation of medical equipment to Anambra state.
- Seek support for the construction of the proposed Anambra World Class Comprehensive Cancer Research Treatment Centre at the state owned teaching hospital Awka, with emphasis on the need for increase to access quality health care.
Proceeds to support the 2016 maternal health, breast, cervical and prostate cancer medical mission to Anambra state. (July 27th – August 8th 2016) and the construction of world class comprehensive cancer research treatment center.
Monday August 1st – Saturday August 6th 2016
- Educational workshop delivery on improved maternal health status, in addition to diabetes and hypertension.
- Educational workshop delivery on cancer awareness prevention and early treatment.
- Breast clinical examinations / mammography screenings /treatments; cervical cancer screening test and treatments; prostrate examinations / treatments.
- Prevention and treatment of eye disease and visual disorders.
- Provide free medical and surgical services to all men, women and children. All surgical services are in collaboration with NAUTH Breast Oncology surgical team, general hospital, Onitsha and St. Charles Borromeo Hospital Onitsha General surgical team.
- Exciting opportunity for transfer of advanced medical technology in maternal health, breast, cervical and prostate cancer treatments.
Anambra Central Senatorial Zone:
Adazi Nnukwu (Aniocha LGA) / Monday, August 1st 2016
Amawbia (Awka South LGA)/ Tuesday August 2nd 2016
Anambra North Senatorial Zone:
Ogbunike (Oyi LGA) / Wednesday August 3rd 2016
Anambra South Senatorial Zone:
Amichi, (Nnewi South LGA)/ Thursday August 4th 2016
NOTE: surgery Days are Monday August 1st through Saturday August 6th 2016.
Dr. Mrs. Anthonia Uche Umeh
Coordinator ASA women